Wedding Venues I Would Love to Photograph
As someone who is super passionate about wedding photography, wedding planning, and pretty much anything wedding related in general, I come in contact with tons of wedding inspiration daily. One of the biggest things that inspires me: beautiful venues. This list is one I created with no rhyme or reason other than that. Venues local to me that I either have never shot at or have only second shot at, that I would love to shoot at. For this reason, I am offering 10% off wedding collections booked at these venues. What's better than capturing beautiful photos for a great deal?
This deal is available to one couple per venue for 2020 or 2021 booking, so act fast!
And if you've picked your own perfect venue that is not on this list, do not fret! No venue is less important than the last. This list is very short one simply based on creative desire and there are many, many beautiful venues in our area that I have already shot at or have not yet heard of! I bring just as much passion and creativity to every wedding I capture .
captured while second shooting for Stephanie Barone Photography
1. Terrain at Styers | Glen Mills, PA
Terrain has always been a favorite of mine. I have had the privilege of second shooting there once, and visit their cafe and shops often. Who can resist their cozy mushroom house, beautiful grounds, and fresh bread baked in flower pots? It's every garden lovers dream.
2. Terrain Gardens at Devon Yard | Devon, PA While I have been to Terrain in Glen Mills very often, I have never been to Terrain in Devon! Since their opening I have been drooling over the images I've seen taken there. What a beautiful mix of natural and industrial elements.
3. Promise Ridge | Stroudsburg, PA Promise ridge is a micro wedding venue I first heard of through a vendor-friend, Erika of Love Bites by Erika. Her delicious spreads of hors d'oeuvres and creative cakes often adorn the table of this beautiful space. I absolutely adore their ceremony views and elegantly designed dining area.
4. Material Culture | Philadelphia, PA
Material Culture is one of Philadelphia's most unique wedding venues. It screams art and drama in the best way and has the most amazing photo opportunities. This space mashes together three of my biggest loves: antiques, home decor, and weddings.
5. BOK | Philadelphia, PA
The BOK building in Philadelphia has a unique twist: it used to be a school building. It provides the weddings there with a really unique feel that I have always been drawn to. And the rooftop access with a view of center city, Philadelphia? gorgeous!
6. Magic Gardens | Philadelphia, PA I first visited Magic Gardens on a high school field trip years ago, and have loved this place ever since. When I found out they hosted events I just knew I had to photograph one, one day. The entire place in itself is art, which provides for a ton of unique photo opportunities.
7. Philadelphia Distilling | Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia Distilling is another personal favorite spot. I am a big fan of gin, and Philadelphia Distilling makes some of the best. Many weekend evenings have been spent sipping cocktails at the beautiful bar in this industrial space dreaming of the images I would love to shoot in there!
8. The Barnes Foundation | Philadelphia, PA
The Barnes Foundation has been my favorite art museum in the city for years. Not only is the architecture stunning from the outside, the inside is filled with the most beautifully curated rooms holding original pieces by some of the worlds greatest artists.
9. The Franklin Institute | Philadelphia, PA The Franklin Institute was a shoo-in for this list as soon as I saw they host ceremonies in the planetarium (how freaking cool!) If that wasn't enough, receptions are held with the Ben Franklin statue overlooking all of the affairs. The fun exhibits within the Institute combined with the classic halls and architecture make it a truly unique venue.
10. Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) | Philadelphia, PA
My final contribution to this list is yet another Philadelphia museum (are you suprised?) If you're looking for art and elegance look no further. This space is completed by a gorgeous stair case and sculptures so devine you'll be question how they could possibly be man made. I first saw a wedding at the PAFA posted on my timeline a few months ago and needless to say I've been hooked on the idea of shooting in this gorgeous space ever since.
Sadly, that's the end of this list! There are so so many beautiful venues in this area, and being as this is the first time I've really sat down and curated a list like this, I'm sure there are many more I have not thought of or even discovered yet! Please feel free to leave the venues you would love to visit / photograph in the comments blow. Maybe a "Venues I Would Love to Photograph" Part II will make an appearance!